Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
This cookbook downloads, installs and configures Bitcoin as a full node.
In order to actively contribute to the Bitcoin network, you will need to open your TCP port 8333. This cookbook does not make sure your port 8333 is open since this is very much dependant on your networking setup.
|supported distributions||RHEL & CentOS||any||any|
|supported architectures||x86_64 & aarch64||x86_64||any|
|supported variants||ABC, Core & XT||ABC, Core & Unlimited (Cash)||ABC, Core & Unlimited (Cash)|
The matrix of supported configurations can be found there.
You must select a Bitcoin fork/variant using
node['bitcoin']['variant'] = 'foobar'.
The valid variants are
Configures repository from http://www.ringingliberty.com/bitcoin/ and installs pre-packaged binary with
bitcoin systemd service.
Downloads the binary and copies it along with an systemd service script.
Downloads the release from GitHub and compiles it along with an systemd service script.
Caution: you'll need at least 1 GB of free RAM to compile it (setting
-j1 can help too).
git clone https://git.infertux.com/chef-bitcoin/
- Update dependencies Cédric Félizard 22 days ago
- Ignore broken build Cédric Félizard 3 months ago
- Update BUCash Cédric Félizard 3 months ago
- Update Bitcoin ABC and Core Cédric Félizard 3 months ago
- Update dependencies Cédric Félizard 3 months ago
- Release v1.8.0 Cédric Félizard 5 months ago
- Test against Chef 13 Cédric Félizard 5 months ago
- Update dependencies Cédric Félizard 5 months ago
- Update Bitcoin ABC, BUCash and Core Cédric Félizard 5 months ago
- Update checksum for Bitcoin Core tarball Cédric Félizard 5 months ago