Unreal Tournament 2004 under Linux - FAQ
- Q. How to install?
A. Browse to your DVD contents then
- Q. How to run?
A. Browse to your installation path then
- Q. ./ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
yum install compat-libstdc++-33
- Q. No sound (with PulseAudio)
padsp ./ut2004 instead of
- Q. Can't select resolution higher than 1280x800
vim ~/.ut2004/System/UT2004.ini and update the lines
- Q. Use Nvdia card with Optimus
DRI_PRIME=1 padsp ./ut2004 (
DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo | grep "OpenGL vendor string" should say "nouveau")
- Q. Can I play using the integrated Intel GPU, i.e. without
A. Yes with default display settings. But I get a segfault with higher settings.
- Q. The game crashes with Assertion failed: p->model1 [File:KFarfield.cpp] [Line: 937]
A. You're running the retail release (build 3186). You need to upgrade to build 3204. But it's probably a better idea to apply the megapack patch which includes many other fixes and improvements.
- Q. ./System/ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: ./libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
cd System && ./ut2004-bin
- Q. How do I get UnrealEd (the maps editor)?
A. You can't :( (see http://openut.sourceforge.net/edit.php)
- Q. Hotkeys don't work / Alt-Tab doesn't work
A. It's because SDL grabs the whole keyboard - you can use my fork to get Alt-Tab back.
- Q. Anything else?
A. Don't forget to crank up the display settings to High/Highest and set the bots level to Godlike for a better experience! Enjoy ;)