Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Zeyple automatically encrypts outgoing emails with GPG:
- It catches emails from your Postfix queue
- Then encrypts them if it's got the recipient's GPG public key
- Finally it puts them back into the queue
unencrypted email || encrypted email sender --> Postfix --> Zeyple --> Postfix --> recipient(s)
Why should I care? If you are a sysadmin who receives emails from various monitoring tools like Logwatch, Monit, Fail2ban, Smartd, Cron, whatever - it goes without saying that those emails contain lots of information about your servers. Information that may be intercepted by some malicious hacker sniffing SMTP traffic, your email provider, <insert your (paranoid) reason here>... Why would you take that risk - encrypt them all!
Install & upgrade
Just comment/uncomment the line
content_filter = zeyple in your
- List of keys:
sudo -u zeyple gpg --homedir /var/lib/zeyple/keys --list-keys
- Update imported keys:
sudo -u zeyple gpg --homedir /var/lib/zeyple/keys --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --refresh-keys
- Import a new key:
sudo -u zeyple gpg --homedir /var/lib/zeyple/keys --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --search firstname.lastname@example.org
Integration with other MTAs
A Docker image is available for development purposes.
A fully-setup test-environment is available to easily test your modifications. Vagrant and a compatible virtualization environment (VirtualBox for example) are required. Visit zeyple-vagrant for download and more information.
Many thanks to Harry Knitter for his feedback to help make Zeyple more robust.
Blog posts & articles
git clone https://git.infertux.com/zeyple/
- Release version 1.2.2 Cédric Félizard 10 months ago
- Replace pep8 with pycodestyle Cédric Félizard 10 months ago
- Don't test against Python 3.4 Cédric Félizard 10 months ago
- Copy content header values from original single part email to new payload (#44) inclementweather (commit: Cédric Félizard) 10 months ago
- Add link to Docker image Cédric Félizard 1 year, 16 days ago
- Add reminder to update Python versions in tox.ini too Cédric Félizard 1 year, 16 days ago
- Merge pull request #47 from nebulon42/tox-versions Cédric Félizard (commit: GitHub) 1 year, 16 days ago
- Merge pull request #43 from inclementweather/fix_user_key Cédric Félizard (commit: GitHub) 1 year, 16 days ago
- update python versions for tox nebulon42 1 year, 18 days ago
- Method gpg.keylist does partial matching and returns a list in cases where the search parameter is vague i.e. "dave" or "n". this change will instead return None if an exact email is not found in any key. Bryan Mazzatenta 1 year, 29 days ago